Multi-WAN (WAN+LTE) with Wi-Fi
This sample senario represents a typical router/CPE deployment with single (or dual) SIM as backup to primary WAN.
- Can use any type of WAN connection (eg. fiber, PPPoE, ISP ONT/modem)
- (optional) Can use SIM cards from same or different providers for LTE, both SIM can be active active at same time
- WAN is the primary, LTEs are used as backup (optional)
- HSA is configured to broadcast Wireless SSID: HSA_WiFi
Common use cases
- Enterprises requiring resilient WAN/Internet connection
- SD-WAN deployment for remote branches, retail outlets or bank ATM
- Bus Wi-Fi
- Connect HSA WAN to Internet (ISP link ONT or modem)
- Insert operator SIM cards into SIM slots. If no SIM cards used, this step is not needed. Without sim cards, the sample config still works same.
- Connect management PC to one of the LAN port (configure PC with DHCP, then connect to mbox GUI using http://192.168.1.1/mbox, login with root/Letmein99)
2-Step deployment from sample config
- download sample config for HSA2-MWAN-WiFi
- follow this video guide to deploy HSA by restoring from sample config
Sample config default settings
- the WAN port is pre-configured to get dhcp IP from ISP ONT/modem (or upstream router). If you need to change interface IP/route, please follow this guide.
- WAN port is the primary, (optional) LTE SIMs are backup to WAN (active/active while WAN fails)
- HSA WiFi is enabled (SSID: HSA_WiFi, PSK: Letmein99), and this Wireless/SSID is mapped to LAN network (same network as other LAN ports)
NOTE for older/used box
- upgrade your HSA box to firmware version 20181220-0100, and above (follow this guide to upgrade firmware)