mbox firmware upgrade
There are a few upgrade options for upgrading mbox.
1. check your current version
NOTE: Sometimes if the current version is not desirable for you, you can roll back to earlier version.
2. check available repository version
mbox#upgrade list <---checks available versions
3. upgrade/download to your desired version
mbox#upgrade 20160505-2330 <---Specify target version here. you can roll back to earlier version or upgrade to the latest version.
4. Hotspot firmware upgrade (after step #3). Below command will upgrade to the latest hotspot related updates
5. mbox GUI upgrade (after step #3). Below command will upgrade to the latest mbox GUI
- sometimes when mysql is running, the upgrade can be slow or even fail. So if mbox is running as MACC, HSG or LOG, it's recommended to stop all processes that require MySQL (eg. macc, radius, hotspot, log-server), save the config (with all processes stopped) and reboot, then proceed to upgrade (check "show mfusion mysql", make sure it's stopped. After upgrade complete successfully, you can start the respective processes again.
- it is recommended to reboot mbox after upgrade/downgrade.
Each version notes starts with prefix of RC, BETA, or STABLE
BETA: this version is for internal testing only. DO NOT use it for production
RC: this version is release candidate for coming major release. Can try out the new feature with some risk. Use in a controlled enviornment
STABLE: this version is thoroughly tested and recommended for production use.