SMTP for sending email OTP
mbox sign-in portal supports user self-registration via email, and sends email OTP and validation link to a valid email address (see live demo).
The OTP email can be sent by mbox default SMTP server (which is using gmail with account firstname.lastname@example.org) or by customer's own/custom SMTP email server.
To configure custom SMTP mail server,
- go to CMS, click on the target portal setting, under login method, enable Email Registration.
- In Email Registration collapsible tab, this is where you are going to input your SMTP Details. See screenshot:
Example For GMAIL SMTP Setup:
- HOST: smtp.gmail.com
- USERNAME: email@example.com
- PASSWORD: your_email_password
- SMTP Secure
- TLS - Transport Layer Security
- SSL - Secure Sockets Layer
- TLS - use Port 587
- SSL - use Port 465
NOTES FOR GMAIL SMTP: ( ***** IMPORTANT ******)
Need to allow the less secure apps to access the account so that you can use the gmail smtp
- Go to the "Less secure apps" section in My Account.
- Next to "Access for less secure apps," select Turn on. (Note to G Suite users: This setting is hidden if your administrator has locked less secure app account access.)
- If you have 2-Step Verification enabled in your gmail account, you need to create an App specific password. Here is the link on how to do it: